Monday, June 30, 2008

Bahut Kuch Hota Hai!

This is an old post, one I'd written sometime in February, after Dad's birthday. Random gappe is what it is all about, so thought it'd fit in here :D
------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days back, my favourite question to anyone I met in college was : oye, tere paas abhi change kitna hai? meko dede...

Friends were getting sick of this but my side of the story was/is : See, I pay 7Rs for my bus ride when I'm supposed to pay 10Rs ( Bhai ka staff, you see ) Now if I give the conductor 10Rs, more often that not, he won't return those 3 precious Rs, and I'd feel cheated!

*cheap? I know, I know*

I had used all the change that was available at home, so it was down to well, begging!
and no, singing in the bus /train(metro)/ temple was not an option. If you were going to suggest that, you probably aren't my friend, or some of the lucky ones who haven't heard me sing! :/

Anyway, I finally told my friends :
Me : Yaar, I'll ask dad to get me 5000rs ka change. 2 - 2 ke coins..
They smirked (actually!!) - yah, right..
Me : abbe, sachchi.. milte hain aise.. from the banks.. you don't know??

A few days later , a friend ( on being begged for chillar yet again )

Friend: kya hua? tere papa laaye ni tere liye wo 5000 ke coins?
Me (Speech bubble) : he's told uncle, I'l get them soon..
Me (Thought bubble) : How mean! Isko lag ra hai I was fekoing! I'm going to throw that bag of coins on your face as and when I get it! :S

I was hit where it hurt the most, but I wasn't going to give up, Dad won't let me down.. :)
*bhai ki winning grin*

Check for yourself..


Current picture : Bloating, yes.. up, up and away :D :D
------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend was over for chai and gappe, when dad gave me the potli of which I am the proud owner now :)
When both of us saw it.. and the 2500 coins..! well..

Friend (eyes wide open, gaping) : yaar, sahi hai.. tumhaare paas itne saare paise.. inko bed pe bichcha do and inpe so jaao.. sahi na? woww..

Me (bloating) : arrei.. hum hum hain! ;) achcha sun, let's count them!

Friend (super excited) :haan chal... jisne jitne gine, utne uske!.. .

Me :No ji!

Mom and Dad : tum log kabhi bade hoge?

We weren't listening, for the 20 somethings were on a mission : busy counting already counted chillar!

For those who're interested - Game went on till 800 coins were on the roll.. bhai finished her half first!

Friend : tu galat gin rahi hai.. tu merese jaldi kaise count kar sakti hai??

Me ( thought bubble) - Another victory for the ladkilog! Male ego crushed yet again! And I have the coins to celebrate with.. yeayyyy! \:D/


Current picture : Bloating, yes.. up, up and away :D :D

------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a bhai-ka-special-surprise ready for Dad on his birthday (details later!) That included 4 balloons, heart shaped.. yes.. yellow, green, pinkkk and orange



I was responsible for the pinkkk one, rest were brought alive by a friend. Now, my pinkk balloon was not the fattest/biggest/largest/healthiest... but I had a soft corner for it, for obvious or maybe not-so-obvious reasons. Day went well, had fun blahblah..

It has been some days and the scene is :


:D :D To say that I am happy would be an understatement! I am bloating yet again.. and the male ego.. muahahahaa :D :D

Current picture : Bloating, yes.. up, up and away :D :D

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was spent shopping. Not vella.. but object oriented shopping!!

A Bata store had it's inaugration and I happened to be their second customer (I get discounts on Bata products.. so visits to Bata have increased! *cheap*) so they treated me and a friend ..

kaaju barfi, toffee and glittery red rose mila humko! Yeayyyyy! \:D/

Later that evening, I get to see this.. in my drawing room :


If you look closely, the rose has been strategically placed right in front of my framed pic.. amidst the other clutter!! By someone I love THE most .. Ma!

Current picture : up .. up... and away.. :'(


31 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
Is it a comet,
I see in the sky?

No!
It's the Bhai with Chai!

:D

P.S. Object Oriented Shopping! Hahha! :D

Neha.. said...

amazing amanzing amazing.. bhai you rock..!!

talking abt male ego.. kuch ho sakta hai..umm..err.... ?? !! lol!!

great going ya.. had a very hectic day tday.. but tere posts are mind blowing.. here Ma thinks that i've gone crazy..!! laptop dekh ke kyu hass rai hai..!! :D

so when is the next post due..?? chain ne hai na..!! i kno.. :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ alok
ROTFL ! :D thanks!


@neha
and my Ma's saying " itni toh pagal nahin hai tu ke computer dekh ke hase aur taali bajaye"
:D
will let ya know about the next post! :) glad you liked this one :)
ps : Male ego, it can only be crushed! Muahahaahaha! :D

Urv said...

:D Belated happy budday to your dad :)

I have with me something like 500 5 rupee coins. I started collecting them when was a lil kiddo. Stopped collecting quite some time back :D

Anonymous said...

the only thing i hve to say dat it is an outstandn post,as usual. xcept for dat male ego thing...lol:D
nxt BATA store khule kahin toh BATAna mujhe;)lol:D
words he khatm ho jaayenge if u keep on posting such fabulous posts..:)
n loved d picture wid photo frame..awesum:)
thumbs up!

Bhai with Chai said...

@ urv
Thank you! :) Infact, belated birthday to me too! :D
and how I wish I had collected all those coins when there was time, atleast ghar ghar jaa kar maangne ki zarurat na padti! :/


@ prashant
thank you! :) male ego waali baat sirf sach hai, aur sach ke siva kuch bhi nahin :P
I've exhausted the Bata coupons, will let ya know though! ;D
thanks for the pic comment as well! :)

Express said...

heyii, lovely post, gud of u 2 share it out...

I wanna do the chillar counting competition! :-( daddy getting chillar 2mrw :-P mujhe 5000 ka nahi milne-wala, 500 ka mil jaye, bahut hai.. :-D

Current picture : bloating yes, up, up and above, hehe

P.S. edited transparency of my blog, hope its better now :-)
cya around.

Bhai with Chai said...

@ express
:) thanks
Arei, if you get 500 1Re coins, engage some niece/nephew of yours in that competition na! Pakka, you'll win :D

Checked it, it's much better! :)

Shruti said...

oye for 7Rs, u'll now use 3 2Re coins and Re1 ka coin kahan se??
That bag of 2500 coins.. OMG such a funny lovely sight.. coins in a sack.. looks like its stolen lol!
Hey bhai log! I love ur bindaas writing style :D

And the pink balloon! yay!! :D
Boys are so careless while tying na? :P

Sach1 said...

Jyust one word for tyhe post:
mast!!!!

So how many coins are you left with??
Btw I was wonderin' that do you still ask for Re.1 coins??to make Rs.7 you need to have Rs.1 coin too...

:D :D :D

Bhai with Chai said...

@ shruti
Welcome! :)
Dekh yaar, 5Rs waale coins I already had, so mostly, 5+2.. and and and.. I started saving 1Re coins as well! :D
thanks :)
Boys are careless while tying wo toh hai hi, :P they don't even have strength enough to blow the balloons BIG :D
lol.. apni male-bashing views ko end karte hain! :)


@ sach
Welcome! :) thanks!
refer to the reply above for the 1Re dilemma ;)
and coins bahuuuuuuut saare left! :)


@ mohit
thanks! I know! Seeing is believing! :) [thus the pic]

Urv said...

Belated happy budday to you too :D kab tha tussi ka budday?

And where else do you blog?

Bhai with Chai said...

@ urv
Thank you, thank you! :D
Was on the day of the 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' post :D ( 3 of 'em wala)

Used to have a blog, but not anymore. Another one I had, as in my first blog, is now a 'dear diary' :D

Solitaire said...

Its quite an amusing life, I must say.

joie de vivre said...

hey i'l call u 'chai'...fine?
so abt ur post..dat cheap thing was really cute...i cracked a smile wen i read dat..
sai hai beta..gud gud

Hemanth Potluri said...

wow ..its awesome..the way u expalined and connected each concept is cool...

hats off bhai with a chai :P

hehe ..lol...


urs.hemu..

Aditi Joshi said...

lovely lovely... how can i forget those days... the 'chillar ki kami' wale... :P :P
n the balloons wala was fantastic too... :D :D

Bhai with Chai said...

@ solitaire
Welcome! :)
amusing life.. lol! :D


@ joiedevivre
abbe.. call me bhai! ;) lol..
thanks! :)
ahem, cheap and proud of it! :D


@ hemanth potluri
Welcome! :)
thanks!


@ orchid
lol.. I know! What a time is was! :D
thanks! :)

Sach1 said...

oh okay! cool :)

btw am *blogrolling* you

Bhai with Chai said...

@ sach
Thanks! :)
Will do too, once I have my blogroll!

joie de vivre said...

bhai
hav blogrolled u!

Bhai with Chai said...

@ joiedevivre
thanks oye! :)

Stupidosaur said...

Ekdum barabar chees mangi baapu se.
What's life without change huh?

Pranay said...

Hilarious!! Awesome blog..Love ur writing style...will surely be back.

Urv said...

Cool. I now know 2 more people who were born on the same day as my friend :D

:( 'dear diary'. So I guess others dont get to read it?

Pooja said...

cool...i loved it...
rly funny...i was smiling all through...

Bhai with Chai said...

@ stupidosaur
//What's life without change?

Wohooo! Gehraayi mein chali gayi baat ;)
Change is inevitable, for sure! ;)


@ pranay
Welcome! :) Thanks :)


@ urv
:) you guessed it right! :D


@ cutepooja
:) thanks

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

5000 ka change!! boy! :P

Bhai with Chai said...

@ gunj
lol..! hum hum hain ;)

Nidhi said...

Hey ! My nephew loves collecting the new two rupee coin and has around 1000 coins with him now.. Ofcourse he gets all the coins from me and my bro :D

By the way even I need lots of chhutta and hence keep collecting coins...

Tumko aur chhutaa maangta hai to bolne ka boss... apun Ti RANS Fur kar dega :D

By the way... though its too late to wish your dad.. but a belated happy bday to ur dad :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ nidhi
oyei.. woh new 2 waale are very shiny na?!
Glad your nephew is planning ahead of time, mere jaise toh na karna pade baad mein! :S

Ti RANS Fur ka I'll inform! ;D
abhi apun full hai! :)

thank you for wishing Pa! :)