I'm healthy ( psssst : pleasantly plump , mummy papa ka ladla bachcha etc.. ) :D
So, when the last time I went to donate blood and I was told that I couldn't, for the haemoglobin levels weren't up to expectations, the scene went something like this :
Nurse : Aap nai de sakte blood, sorry. Haemoglobin low.
Me (thought bubble) : Has she gone bonkers?
Me (speech bubble) : Kya bol re ho yaar? Look at me, mera haemoglobin low? Check again.
Nurse : Fine, you go talk to the doctor.
Doctor (Looking into my eyes.. lol.. , then checking my nails) : Beta, you can't.
Me : Noo, check again!
Doctor : Beta, eat healthy and maybe next time.. Go.
Me : #&!*%&^*#
I had all right to be irritated, it was my 'blood donation day anniversary' - 2nd !! :(
Post that too, I was not well so my doctor asked me to get some tests done and a blood test was on the list.
So, I'd gone for one and came back feeling a little dizzy and you know, not normal. Something was not okay.
Didn't really want to do anything, like, anyyyyyything. Internet came to the rescue and in an attempt to kill boredom and change my mood, I logged in to YouTube.
I wasn't prepared for what followed! Check for yourself
Presenting, Shekhar Ravjiani, an adorable man and a cute singer, and a hot guy and.... aaaaahhaa! :) :D
This video has moments from the last season of SaReGaMaPa , where he was one of the judges. The best of the lot ( As in, no comparison for him there, what with Himesh and Ismail being the other guys! :S )
Blood came rushing back to my veins! I felt refreshed, energetic, healthy and happy again! :) All I could think of doing was stare dreamy-eyed at the monitor and smile and wishhhh..
Me : Why don't they make guys like that anymore?
Mom : ( who happens to be a Shekhar fan too!, replied very very seriously ) : Pata nai bete..
:D :D I mean, atleast she understands.
The song's from OmShantiOm , picturised on Deepika, one actress who I rubbished off without even seeing a single act of hers. She's like, way too tall, manly and just not likeable. And then there's the fact that guys around me kinda like her which makes it impossible for me to appreciate any damn thing about her! :D But the song totally suits this man and how!
Kitna kuch kehna hai phir bhi hai dil mein sawaal kahiiiin..
( Three cheers for KK , the singer, as well! )
Shekhar's child-like laughter ( 1.49 - 1.51 ) or the stunner that hits your eye in that awesome black t-shirt ( 3.28 - 3.37 ) can do it's magic and swing the most depressing moods the other way! With blood back in veins, I had all reason to feel rejuvenated!
That's when the thought struck my social-work brain! Why not use this at all blood donation camps and get the bottles rolling?! ;)
Something like " Girl about to faint? Shekhar ka video lagao! " , "Blood nikal nahi raha araam se? Shekhar ka video lagao! ".. lol.. It is definitely going to work for female donors! Isn't it?
To the ones who do not share my sentiments about Shekhar, DO NOT tell me that. And we might just still be friends :D
44 comments:
Ha ha. At our company we had a blood donation camp and only 2 girls could donate... I cannot see the video. It says its no longer available :(
@ urv
Oyei.. It is available, what's wrong? :(
I'll put up the link too, if you could go through the post ( thank you ;) ) you have to , have to , have to see the video!
Sad about the girls not being able to donate, ye video ka chakkar chalana padega :D
ohkayyyyyyyy....well dis post is ok ok...very serious in d beginning regarding d blood donation:D bt funny towrds d end whn it cums to watch vishal's video..lol....gud hai..wuld rate dis one as 7.5/10(i hope gamla nahi padhega):)
hehehehe....keep up d gud work.
thumbs up:)
@ prashant
Gamla for sure! Mil tu mujhe!
It's not Vishal's video, it is Shekhar's .. aaarrghhh!
do gamle ab toh!
haaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!!!!!yeh toh thumbs down ho gaya...lol
inni silly mishtake ho gayi...actually i get vry confusd btw hip hop vishal nd shekhar:D,.,,,woh"JO JEETA SUPERSTAR" aata haina STAR PLUS PE?ussi ne yeh saari confusion ki hai;)kambhaqt!
bt koi nahi dekha i got so lost in ur post ki evrythng was so original lik always...confusion bhi nahi chhup paayi:)nikal k aayi bahar...lol!
will take care nxt time..:)
@ prashant
:) better boy, better.
thanks for the jhoothi tareef ;) 'original' etc..
hehe , gamla bach gaya is baar toh!
:)
oyee bhai ka hb kamm kaise hua??
:O
Bhai health wealthy khaane ka!!!
Ona serious note, KI went through the same thing 2 years back. Tab I had just recovered from typhoid. I felt so embaraased k tab se aaj tak blood donate karna band kar rakha hai! :)
@ sach
Pata nai yaar :(
And I won't stop from donating! Kitni baar mana karenge ? :D
Anyway, I just know next time I can do it! *Shekhar video effect*
;))
wow bhai...u could not donate blood how sad of it...dont worry next time u will be able to do it..
the video was cool nice collection combined into one...
urs..hemu..
bole to agli baar mana karein apun ko le chalna...
On a serious note, have some iron and you'll be fine...
You bet he's cute..awesome smile!
What an idea sir ji:P
@ hemanth potluri
:) there's another video of his from the ancient SaReGaMa, where he had participated as a contestant! I'll try put up the link soon.
@ sach
:) hmm, thanks!
@ crasiezt
Welcome! :)
I knowww! Very very innocent..!
Idea.. *shaking head and smiling in that peculiar way AB does in the ad* :D :D
Still not able to see the video :( Guess its blocked or something here..
lol....i can try dat next time!! ;)
@ urv
You tube works? I'll put up that link..
@ gunj
Welcome! :)
Pakka pakka try that! :D
Haha! same piinncchhh!!! for so many thingss...
1. for being healthy :-D
2. for having low Hb levels, hehe
3. or finding shekhar hot. man, he is hotter than my hot steaming cup of chai!!
4. for finding him the hottest among the judges. I never saw the show, but advertisements got me hooked just coz of shekhar! I even like vishal btw :-P
5. for not being able to donate blood :-( i seem 2 get some diseases evry-year which make u unable 2 donate blood for another year, lol....
Nice idea yea....i cant even see the entire video man, its so hot my eyes burn! :-P
Adding u on blog-roll :-)
Cheers!!
@ express
oye hoye! :)
1. am SO glad to hear that! :D
3. now you're talking! ;))
the video is coooool! and yet so hot! Aaaaah! that guy's something!
thanks! :)
bhai ko pranam
very nice too se ue desperate behaviour about blood donation..
arre zindagi ne chance diya toh next chance apan marr lenge
gud!!
@ joiedevivre
pranaam! :D
ladki, zindagi many chances degi.. go for it next time! :) and meko bataiyo bhi phir..
I hv never donated bloody. thats cos im 'bloody' scared of it. LOL!
Funny post. And tnxx for dropping by my blog :)
Keshi.
Youtube! Hah! In my dreams yaar. Almost all fun things are blocked :( If the video is not too big, u can take the trouble of emailing it if possible ;)
@ keshi
Welcome! :)
Waise, donating blood is not that scary.. Have done it and have seens others do it.. try it sometime!
Thanks!
@ urv
I'll do that ( 9 MBs hoega waise toh! :D )
*seen others do it
nice..reli nice... n u r probably d 1st guy who doesnt like deepika n THANK GOD 4 that..!! :))
@ trinaa
Welcome!:) thanks!
and... 'guy' as in 'person' ?? :D
(or ya got confused with "bhai" ? )
Else..you got no reason to be happy..am just another girl who doesn't like her..guys somehow seem to like her..dunno why though! :/
Thanku so much in advance :D
I think trinaa got mislead by the 'bhai' :D :D
And I don't like Deepika. And I am a guy :) Don't find anything great in her acting. Same with her looks
@ urv
oye hoyeeeeeee!! Dil khush ho gaya sunke! :D Fatafat jaake Dairy milk khaati hun :P
dil ko jab khushi chchoo jaaye, kuch meetha ho jaaye
\:D/
Trinaa.. yeah, seems like that! :)
:-) how sweet..
i would totally agree with the idea of donating the blood..i even donate it twice a year..
i would even tell people its nt that scary as they think..
jst rem one thing god is giving u the chance to save someone's life may be someone very close to u..so always be the first one..
n video is nt working :-(
@ mohit
Apart from that, the issue has been, at times, blown outta proportion.. Kya hai kya yaar? jaao.. donate blood.. have sandwich/juice/biscuit and come back :D
bas..
n video tere yahaan bhi not working?! :( hadd hai..
Thanku thanku so much for sending the video :) :)
Being a guy, it was actually a lil weird watching a dude's close ups on the monitor.. And felt even more when I rewinded to watch those timeframes :D
And btw, I don't like Aishwarya or Bipasha either.. Does that make u feel like having a few more Dairy milks ;P
@ urv
I knew it'd be very very weird! but thanks! :)
and uffff.. don't even get me started on how much I don't like Aishwarya :/
Bipasha deserves no mention! Muahahaha :D :D
I don't think I have across a woman who likes Aishwarya :D
@ urv
Arrrei.. ki boling?? My ma adores her!! It's almost as if she wishes that girl was her daughter and not me! Socho yaar, meri khud ki mummy.. :((
Also, a classmate (female) is *crazy* about her! :O Sachch!
yahoo :-) :-) video working this time..
n do have a look at it at 2.28 (very sweet smile)
@ mohit
ye tu bol ra hai?
*raised eyebrow*
:) thanks!
and you meant 2.24 to 2.27..!
I know I'm repeating this, but in that frame.. he's wayyyy too innocent! I wisshhhh :) :)
Aww.. Mummy ko bolo ki woh thodi aapko aake computer sikhane wali hai :))
@ urv
You think I haven't done that? That and much more.. yields no effect! :((
He he.. What more have u tried.. :D
u know wat....one of frn's mom in teh hospital....n needed blood...ven he got to know i belong to the same grp....i was specially called...considered how healthy, plumpy, literally pink in health i m ....but to my disbeleif after checkin the haemoglobin count it was declared low for donatin...i mean it was fine for me...but donating wudnt have help tht much...i felt sick...tht was suppose to be my debut donation...n got a list of things to eat...all green leafy...kadvi things....n i just hope i wud have got to watch sumthing similar in tht low mood....because i too simply adore shekhar...if for nuthing else i watched the show for him.....n thts y is baarii dekhne ka man hi nahi hai...
@ urv
bataungi.. in detail.. soon :)
@ nikita
Welcome! :)
Sad to hear all that.. Ab se mast healthy food shuru kar de!
About the show - sachchciiii!! I don't feel like watching the show unless there's a Shekhar to nullify the Himesh effect! We're going to miss Shekharrrrrr! :((
ya...shekhar iz cool...n talentd...n he looks like a true human being...isse zaada kisi male ki tareef nai kr skta main...video was really nice,,,n i knw tht u love shekhar...an idl husband type man...ryt
@ mayank
//isse zaada kisi male ki tareef nai kr skta main
pata hai! :P
baaaki.. Shhhh!
i totally empathize. I'm 'pleasantly plump' too...more than than i must say n i got so shocked wen the other day i was told that I'm calcium deficient...like what the hell! i look so healthy....have been reading ur blog (in parts) for the last few days...good good....good timepass...:)
@ tj
Welcome! :)
calcium ?? awww..!
takecare!.. and timpass yeah ;) no gyaan yahan! :D
Post a Comment