Wait, don't get me wrong. I totally love the rains. As opposed to this friend's views that he puts forward everytime, mind it, everytime we talk about the rainy weather.
Me : Oyeeee , it's raining!! :) Mast hai na.. chai, pakode/momos, novels! Yeaaay! :D :D
Friend : Yaaaaaaaaar, it's raining! :'( I hate it.. All keechad on the roads, everything messy :S
I mean.. Give Bhagwaanji a break! When it's hot, people crib. When it's not, people crib. One tough job to please one and all !
So today, just when I stepped out of my house, it started pouring. Not the tap-tap baarish, but the kinds that facilitates the chchap - chchap :D
My first instinct was to go all out and enjoy while it lasts but couldn't afford to go to the place I had to, in a wet tee and jeans and there was no way I could be late either. So well, I had to opt for it. I was stuck.
*sound of utensils crashing, imagine K-soaps*
I asked Ma for an Umbrella.
Kya din aa gaye hain :( I thought. There, Ma was happy thinking that finally she's managed to drill some sense in me that made me take the umbrella route. Ah, well, whatever :/
It so happens, that I hate using an umbrella. Like, totally. Oh, and I have my reasons. Solid, well-pondered-over reasons.
- I am an umbrella - handicapped person. Can't recall how long it has been, but it seems forever. I do not know how to manage it only. As in, when it's raining vertical it is still somehwat okay. The angled rains are impossible to deal with when you're carrying an umbrella. ( Howcome the tan theta questions on rain-falling-at-an-angle never bothered me but their practical application makes me cry?? ) For the records, it was the tedhi baarish today :S
- I cannot walk while I am holding an umbrella. Can you?? Back when I was in class3, there used to be these colorful umbrellas that u could wear on your head ( !! ) so no problem in walking, whatsoever. The headaches that they might incur, well, you can't get everything, right? I was never fortunate enough to get hold of one of these ( yeah, abusive rotten childhood etc :D )
- I don't have any birght happy umbrellas. They're brown and black and depressing :/ I want yellow, printed, pattern-ed ones!
- Umbrellas come in the way of you and the rains. Like, Bhagwaanji is reaching out to you yaar. How can you not go out and get geela geela ?? :D
So, you Rihanna, can croon as much as you want and extend offers to no one in particular to come ' under your umbrella ', it'll all be wasted.
Simply because, mera dil, [chchaata] nai chaahta hai :D
19 comments:
Now that's some peppy writing... bahut mazaa aaya... waise, tere concepts toh, are too mahaan... juz like you...
I bow to thee..!! ;) ;)
@ orchid
Welcome! :) And YOU, of all the people, should be used to my concepts by now! ;)
thanks!
Lol! lovely post...
I like umbrellas, but mine are abs bright coloured, massive ones. I love getting wet in the rains too, but usually I am accompanied by errm, books, so...umbrellas!
The ones you attach 2 the head were so funny! and yea in heavy rains, you get wet and have an head-ache, I would prefer 2 get wet :-|
Chai!! nostalgia!
and chai with rain!!! damn-it, i need 1 rite now!
:-)
superb superb superb post:)..whre da hell do u get so many ideas yaar?/?/
waise i can guess y u culdnt get wet in baarish n do chhap chhap:D
n whts wid colorful umbrellas?/?/
i mean v walk luking in front or down n nt upwards..lol.. bt haan in d jam of black umbrellas colorful n funky one surely makes u stand unique n diffrnt..:):):)again a diffrnt idea:D
waise nxt time whn it rains v'll surley hve pakodas,momos n who can 4get CHAI?;):):D..lol..luking 4ward 2 nxt rain....:)gud job bhai..gud goin..thumbs up!
@ express
Welcome! :) thanks
Books ke liye try those bachpan waale 'waterproof' bags :D sahi na?!
Talking of chai, I had chai and idli-sambhar today! yeaay! :D :P
@ prashant
Aisa hai, I don't need a practical reason to want happy colorful umbrellas! Hunh.. :/
I can't see what am carrying, but I can so feel it! LOL! :P
and just don't write it here, make sure we do all that the next time it goes tap-tap or chchap chchap!
:)
thanks!
the very concept of rains make me feel lyk wow..!! banane waale ne bhi kya banaya hai.. :)
n absolutely no chaaata my dil chahtas.. hehe..
and have never thought of angles and all ya.. kitna dimaaag lagta hai na.. i don hav it.. :D
so i simply use no chaatas.. i try n not to complicate it too..
n that bhagwaan ji waali baat is lyk :) :) ..
great going..
keep it up Ms. Oh So Natural.. ;)
hum prassan hue.. :D
Ha ha :D Some reasons u got there.. Waise, me too does not like carrying the umbrella everywhere..
@ neha
I know about the rain-obsession! :)
As for 'dimaag', I'm vella na :D
Thanks! Aap prasann hi rahein!
@ urv
Good! :) We're the anti-umbrella club now! :D
5 in the list yet, still counting..
@ mohit
//brings out the kid in you
:) True!
Ahh. Chaai, Kurkure, and now you've added the weather. My mouth already feels like an overflowing tub. :D
Waise, I'm a total rain-hater. Mud, Moisture, Wetness. D: )x
I Love the summer. <3
Hence my love for umbrellas. :P
Opinion.
See you around!
ur pic in profile suits ur post..
incredible!!
hapy rains to u
heyaa
lolz
nice nice!!!
i absolutely love the rains
but yes it sucks wn u step otta ur house :(
i wish mumbai becomes clean so that we can enjy the monsoons more
thoug i stil love em
my fav. seson
cheers
@ alok
Oh, so you're not in the oh-so-famous anti-umbrella club then :P
Chai mandli is still there though! :D
ps: Summers are a delight as well!
@joiedevivre
Welcome! :) Thanks!
Happy rains to you too! :)
They've taken over the summers this time yaa!
@ aditi"jiggs"
Welcome! :)
I've heard how big a mess Mumbai is in the monsoons, but we gotta enjoy so we gotta enjoy! :D
thanks!
welll....dun knw numbr of comments pe comment dun ya blog pe...lol....newaz...by the way whu dsnt like the rainy season yaar????....its absolutely amazin to hv rainy daz....though abhi aaye nai hai dnhg se but monoon is realy goin to cum soon...hr jagah paani...keechad keechad...al clothes dirty...maza aa jaega ..haina....hahahahahahaha.sry...wont say nethng nw...nice blog...jst wana say tht after readin ur blogs i also feel lik writin...but then kuch time baad josh thnda ho jata hai..newaz,,,nice blog...fun to read...rock on..
frgt to mention abt the umbrellas....i hv neva usd one...u rite its a trblsm job...hv alwayz usd rain coats in childhood...daz all...rst i avoid goin out wen its rainin.....baarish mein bheegna is amazin...but then if u goin smwhr...it really has to b cncld....c ya
@ mayank
//dun knw numbr of comments pe comment dun ya blog pe
:/ Sudhar ja!
//by the way whu dsnt like the rainy season yaar????
No comments! Hunh..! :/
Every time you say something like after reading my blogs you wish to write as well, I take that as an ultimate compliment that can come from someone like you :P (who's generally so short on tareef! :D)
Don't know about rain-coats, like them on other people, not me!
Mast hai,bhai...
even i have probs with umbrella...wenever i take a umbrella out,the wind blows outta nowhere...n i feel i ll fly away wth the umbrella...n yes, i hate rain...pachar pachar mud everywhere...winter s gr8 4 me...
@ cutepooja
Welcome! :) Thanks
Winters are great, agreed! But so are summers, rains and pre-monsoon and everything else! ;) Anyhow, another anti-rain club member! :S
Hey ! Even I don't like carrying umbrellas.. I find it difficult to manage them... More than that there is this fun I have while getting wet in the rains, which keeps me from carrying the umbrella everywhere...
Ohh by the way , did I miss mentioning the awesome chai cutting thadi days of college wid lots of garam garam bhajiyaas :( Ohh how I feel nostalgic now :(
You blog reminds me of all the fun I had during my college years in the rainy season with my friends...
@ nidhi
1 more to the anti-umbrella gang! Yippee! :D
college.. chai.. bhajiya.. rains..
You almost ( :D ) made me wish college would re-open soon! ;)
Post a Comment