Sunday, July 20, 2008

(A)Tagged!

Express tagged me with the Unspectacular Quirks tag a few days back.. and here I am! :)

Rules ( *rollin eyes* Tag mein rules, baaki blog mein bakwaas! lol..)


  1. Link the person who tagged you.
  2. Mention the rules on your blog.
  3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
  4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
  5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs, letting them know that they have been tagged.
Baaki sab kuch 6, rules 5.. ? Bahut naa-insaafi hai re !
:D :P ;o)


Spectacular or Unspectacular , here goes my six pointer on quirks!


#1.
I sleep with my cellphone right beside/under my pillow or on the side table or in my palm. It just has to be with me. No vibrator mode doesn't disturb my sleep, so that's taken care of. I keep checking it for messages/missed calls all the time and it just feels so nice to see that a friend messaged me in the middle of the night for no big reason :)
It matters.


#2
I read the newspaper and magazines back to front. Don't know how it started or why it is like that, but that is how it is. Doesn't apply to novels though!


#3
I don't like things odd. (Sometimes I wish I wasn't born on an odd date, anywayyy)
If we're having an orange, I'll take either 2,4 or 6 slices. Same goes for cucumber slices, number of teaspoons of sugar, number of sips, number of times I tear a page, number of steps .. and you get the picture.
Infact, before I'm leaving for an exam, Ma gives me dahi - mishri
(don't need to explain that, do I?) The mishri pieces are either 2 or 4.
Also, when I'm off for my day and Ma/Pa come for the 'bye bye' in the balcony, I turn back either twice or four times. And they know it. So it isn't like after the third wave, when I'll turn for the last one, no one would be there. They're always there. For they know :)
Ohhh.. how I love them! :)


#4
Talking of steps, now, when I'm walking, I have to match my left with the person's left (the person walking beside me) and my right with the person's right. It doesn't matter if it's a stranger or a friend, I just skip a step and start all over again to co - ordinate our left-right-left. It's so much better and orderly and un-messy.


#5
I'm super - possessive of my novels. I don't like lending them to people. Primarily because I fear they won't come back to me and if they do, they'll have maggi / chai stains on them and I do not even like the thought of it. I cover all my novels and on them write the names with a nice marker and clear alphabets.
If I'm reading one that's from the library or borrowed from a friend, I cover that too with the sunday-edition newspaper (the paper's of better quality) and then when I return it back, I remove the cover. Books, no matter what, ought to be respected!


#6
After my clothes have been washed and they're done with their time in the sun, before they enter my rack/closet they have to be seedha. Just the way I'd put them on. Not inside out. Do not tell me that it can be done later too when they're being ironed. Whenever Ma does that, I ask her to leave my pile and fold all my clothes myself. Seedha.
Not ulta.


See, life can be all topsy - turvy, but my clothes I can dictate, right?!
:D

I'm done. I can't believe I'm done. For I still have more to write.
Too quirky, eh?



I tag (in reverse - alphabetical order) :
Urv
Trinaa
Nikita
My Inner World
Mayz
Joiedevivre




Wanted to tag a few others but the rules don't allow me to. So people who wish to do it, go ahead and once you're done, lemme know! If you could go through my crap, I promise to read yours too! :D

63 comments:

Sach1 said...

bingo!!!!
you won't believe me but for #1 to #3..ditto!!!
ek dum similar...
n afa #5 goes..I am possessive about everything..everything!!!

Bhai with Chai said...

@ sach
Cooool! and oyei, I believe you! :)
#5 - well, I thought I'd limit myself to novels here or else I'll never finish it! :D :D

Whether it is my biscuit or the free gift I get in the chips pack, what's mine , is mine.

Vaudevillian said...

immense lethargy overtook me;

I'm stealing this.

Keshi said...

hehehe cute tag. Im like u...cell phone sleeps with me. LOL!

Keshi.

anusha said...

oho!!thats soo like me!!. except that i lend my novels to any one easily..hehe very well written!

Anonymous said...

1
2
3
6
4
5
for me in this order..xplanations i will gv u later..gtng late..

Pooja said...

1,2 n 5 for me..
:)

Abt novels only my best friend can borrow it...4 ne 1 else i have zillions of excuses y dey cant borrow it...n yes,jus lyk it's alwez even no 4 u...it's alwez 3,6 or 9 for me,their multiples also do..

:)

Express said...

1, 2, and 6 apply to me! no, actually 2 a certain extent all of these apply 2 me! cool man..these tags really help in blogger bonding, don't u think :-P

very well done gal, nice read!


P.S. I am born on an even date! but am governed by an odd number, :-D

Cяystal said...

Lol...
pehle toh thanks for visiting my blog:)

and this one's too cute :P

**sleeping with cellphones

i will never understand this phenomenon.lol

and as for reading newspapers back to front...same here!!!! :P

nice tag

Bhai with Chai said...

@ metrosexual monk
Welcome! :)
Let me know once you're done!



@ keshi
Glad! I'm sure there'll be manyyyy others like us! :) Let's watch the comment space now!



@ anusha
Welcome! :)
Let's be book - pals then! I'll regularly borrow your novels but never lend mine. You give and I take! :D
ps : Added benefit, I'll keep them nice and tidy.



@ mohit
Nahi aaya samajh meko ('?')
Explain!



@ cutepooja
I'm not that great with excuses yet! :( but still I manage to somehow avoid it, unless I feel can trust the person with my book.

3, 6, 9.. complete opposite! :D



@ express
Yes, to an extent, you're right about blogger bonding! :)
#6 - I don't wash them though, yet :D
thanks!



@ aayushi
Welcome! :) and thanks
Sleeping with cellphones try toh kar! :D

prashant said...

cnt say abt #5,,#6,,#2(coz i dnt read newspapers:P)n so abt #4(coz i dnt read novels as well:D...lol)
bt #1 is so damn similar...i also sleep wid my cellphne eithr in hand or beside/under my pillow...nobody msgs though bt still...u nvr knw;)
and #3 is also vry ditto...kinda superstitious nahi?bt still....
n wht a mere coincidence u dnt like odd things n u hve written dat on odd no.,i.e,#3...dekha i observe thngs so carefully:)
good job bhai...thumbs up n up n up!:)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ prashant
#1 - I know :) We laughed our heart out when we first talked about this common quirk of ours :)
//u nvr knw
Hmmmm... LOL!

Why did ya mention about #3 and not liking things odd?! Dimaag mein kida baitha diya, I'm itching to change it now! :/
Baaaaaah! :((

Anyhow, thank youuu! :)

Urv said...

I too sleep with the cell phone beside me. Sometimes I have slept off with the cell in my hand while I was msgin.. :)

I too read the paper front to back, only coz the sports section is at the back :D

Will let ya know once the tag is done :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for tagging me, but I've already done this tag here.

That means you are now free to choose another victim! }:^P

Bhai with Chai said...

@ urv
Nice pic there :)
Sleeping with the cell in hand while messaging? Me too, me too! :D
Infact, in the morning, I wake up to see messages like
" so gayi? "
"tu pakka so gayi!"
:D :D



@ Alok
I'll check your tag! :) and I'm definitely tagging another person! Saare karo mehnat! :P

Trinaa said...

hello hello...#2 and #5 apply to me too..!!

Bhai with Chai said...

@ trinaa
:D Just read all 6 of yours!

Lucifer said...

oh my cell ph is always next to me too...n i keep chkn for sms's n calls too in d middle of d nite...

n will do this soon!! :)

Anonymous said...

well nw its time to xpalin..
1-same is the case with me i keep my cell nxt to my pillow n whenever i get up the first thing i c is my cell n after that.the beautiful painting which i possess.
2-yes i also do the same..well ye tune mujhse copy kiya hain i knw that coz main hamesha sports ke page se start karta hun..bt yes there is a diff u go ahead till the first page i leave it in the middle.
3-yes most of te ppl dnt like things being odd..esp 2 numbers which are in particular are 3 n 13..i also prefer even no bt i dnt mind no's like 1,5,7..
6-i tell my mom nt to keep the clothes the way she wants coz thn its get very difficult for me coz i keep thm in a fixed pattern i always want that..
5-abt novel..well i need nt say anythng u knw it..
4-ya i rem this left rite thng..once i was with u n i knw tune mujhe kitni baar toka tha pehle left n agar tera rite aa jaye toh rite..ab samaj aaya mujhe..

Bhai with Chai said...

@ mayz
Yep.. fast fast fast! :D



@ mohit
Finally, the much awaited explanation and all that!*rollin eyes*

#1 - I know! :)
#2 - copy? me? me copy you? get-a-life! :P
#3 - theories! :D :D
#6 - you too?? but kaam karna seekh!
#5 - ;)
#4 - I did?! (!!) anyway, you know now..

:)
ps : you've mentioned your quirks and hogged comment space.. go, get-a-blog of your own! :P

lol.. kidding! thanks! :)
pps : I know I know.. it's 'your' blog and all that!

Cяystal said...

Lol..bhool jao,behen :P..=D

I got this tags 1000000000000 times..and i never got time to do it =D

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

same pinch @ quirk 1 n 2 :D

Bhai with Chai said...

@ aayushi
lol.. ok!
Will tag someone else! :P



@ gunj
cool! :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

wow nice tag there bhai with chai .....loved to read all those stuff...

#4 and #5 r very similar to mine...


urs hemu..

thnks for ur support buddy lots of love..

Anonymous said...

wrt 6 pt..i am very active..jst that i dnt do at times doesn't mean i cant do anything..
n y i am telling u u knw it..i knw u r jst pulling my leg..

my inner world said...

a great tag

i have this same habit of reading newspaper and magazines starting frm the last page and have been doing it ever since i was a child.


u actually match steps while walking , this is really strange :)

i shall do this tag soon , thanks dear :)

Pranay said...

Man!!! Not usually that we see this tag done with so many ...well...quirky things.. These can lead to serious OCD issues!!! :D

kyamaloom said...

Oye!!
I swear 1,2,3,4 is just MEE!!
Honestly, I was hoping it to be just another boring tag. :P
But as I progressed reading, at every point I was like "Fuck, this is ME". :O

I mean, seriously they may be minor points but still I haven't found anyone else doing the same way. And mostly are like, why do you read newspaper from the back side huh?

It feels so good to know someone else is bit insane. :D

Sameera Ansari said...

I could so relate to 1,3, & 6.The thought of you walking in perfect sync with is so cute :)

Have a good week!

Anindita said...

Even I read the newspaper back to front!!! :D :D :D

Keshi said...

sometimes I take my cell to the loo too. LOL!

Keshi.

Bhai with Chai said...

@ hemanth potluri
:) thanks!
#4 eh? Keep marching! :D



@ mohit
*yawn* hmmmmmm..

:P \:D/



@ my inner world
Yep, get working on it! Lemme know when you're done! :)
and oi, matching steps isn't weird! Doesn't the R-day parade look amazing coz of the synchronisation?! ;) :)



@ pranay
I know! :D and as I wrote in the post too, I am not done with all of them yet! :D
OCD issues - a friend said that to me earlier, when he first got to know of the left-right-left!
:)



@ sutta
:) naah.. *broad smile*
#1 , #2 are pretty common, nay? but when I read comments and see that people tell me that's #3 or #4 is so them , definitely feels wohooo! :D
and I've never liked the 'questioning' the quirks part, as in, for once it's fine but I hate the morons who go "try doing it the normal way / don't be so adamant about it" and similar crap.. hunh..!

Glad glad glad that you could realte .. so well!
ps: glad to know it wasn't another boring tag! :P



@ sameera
#6 - coooooooooool! :) I'll tell Ma others of the Seedha gang exist! :D
Now, you, have a perfect week ahead! :)



@ anindita
Welcome! :)
and coool! what about random magazines?



@ keshi
Hehehee , me too *sometimes*.. and maalum kya, some other friends as well!
Once it was *accidently* dumped by me in the buket too! :D
I had a hard time explaining how it got there!

Sukanya said...

aloha :) first time here.. nice tag..
even m possessive abt my books.. all books not only novels.. i wrap em n label em too :D

Solitaire said...

1) Me tooooooooooooo!

2) Me tooooooooooooo!

3) :) Now that's a quirk!

4) Were you part of a marching band?

5) Me toooooooooooooo!

6) NOT AT ALL me too!

Bhai with Chai said...

@ knatchbulley hughzscene
Welcome! :)
good good good!.. I'm not careful with my course books :( but I'll work on it! :)



@ solitaire
#4 - naah, not really! :D

ps : for the first two "me tooo!"s the number of o's is same!
:D

Lena said...

that was cute, loved the way you deal with books, not all show that much respect these days.

Urv said...

Thanku :) I too get those kind of msgs.
However things get a little out of hand when some msgs from my side end up to the wrong recipients in sleep :D

Bhai with Chai said...

@ lena
Welcome! :)
I know.. I hate it when people give me the "it's just a book" line!
:/



@ urv
Lol! In sleep, that has just happened once.. It's the normal broad daylight messages , when I'm wide awake that I send to wrong recipients often :-S
All the more sad the situation becomes, when I'm saying all these "good" words about this person and the message reaches him/her! I've had a tough time making excuses then! :D

Deepti Dani said...

Wow I thought I was the only one with no 2.

Urv said...

Been there too :) Happens often when the name/characteristics of a person are being typed in a msg. Hain na? I think mobiles should have some intelligence sensing mechanism!

Keshi said...

haha @in the bucket!

Keshi.

Bhai with Chai said...

@ deepti
Welcome! :)
:D :D There're enough quirky creatures around!
:)



@ urv
Yep yep yep! Am all for it! :o)



@ keshi
:D

Nidhi said...

Seems you've captured most of my thoughts :)

Even I can't sleep without my cell phone placed right next to my pillow :)

Except my course books and novels, I read newspapers and magazines from back :D

I have a special penchant for numbers 1, 3, 4, 7 and 21 :)

People find it funny when I try matching my steps with them, but I just love doing that :D

A minor difference in the 5th point :) I am possessive about my things but I don't mind sharing my novels and music CDs and DVDs with friends :) I do request to take special care of my stuff though ;)

Last but not the least :D Even I prefer seedha clothes in my cupboard :)

Did you read my mind ;) or you are one of my long lost mele mein bichhdi huyi behen ;)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ nidhi
I especially liked the seedha clothes point! :)

You have a nice wardrobe? Mast earrings and bags and shoes?
If yea, then I'm your long lost mele mein bichchdi hui behan
>:D<
Aa gale lag jaa, aur baaki samaan bhi leti aa!

ps : that's what I say to sis most often! :P

:D :D

Nidhi said...

Hailaaaaaaaaaaaa !! Tum sach mein meri bichhdi huyi behen hai boss... I will soon post pis of ma wardrobe, shoes, and earrings on my blog :)

Fir tum HENCE PROVED ka thappa laga dena bhai !!

Bhai ! tum ko chalega to tumhara blog apni bloglist mein add kar lu kya ?


Aur haan !! Lo mai gale lag gayi ;)

>>>>>>>>>>:D<<<<<<<<<<

Bhai with Chai said...

@ nidhi
ye gale lagne mein haath inne bade?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lovely! :) :)

pics? mast mast mast! I'm waiting!

Ya, go ahead with the bloglist! :)

ps : but I'm still upset about the trip :((

Benaam Badnaam said...

hmm....abt the novels thingy...

i usually don't buy...but when i do...i like to pass them along...i know ppl who like to keep a library...but i like for a good book to spread...don't like hoarding stuff

i'm just thinking if u get a gf whose like totally out of rhythm...man wouldn't u spend like every five minutes changing ure step :P

btw...everybody puts the clothes right way in when they put them in the cupboard...doesnt count as a quirk...a quirk wud b the other way :P

nice writing...liked the title...reminded me of mumbai days

Cяystal said...

Hieee.
Came back hre..just due to me being so obsessive of 'gupshup' :P

I blogrolled you. :)
Thanks for NOT asking me to do the tag.:)
And < :D >

Anonymous said...

when is the next post coming?

Solitaire said...

You noticed!! I did that on purpose!

Deepti Dani said...

Gacked your tag. :D

Urv said...

Naya post chaap ne ka kasht kare :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ mystique wanderer
Welcome! :)
and.. Hang on.. I'll be happy and content with my guy, or 'bf', main gf kyu banau?? :((
Check my profile :D
Naam pe mat jaao, apni agal lagao! :D :D

And if HE is totally out of rhythm, he'll get used to being in rhythm :D

For the clothes things, what I meant was, at times, they're just put in a cupboard without being seedha, that happens with me so I'd put it! :)

thanks! :)



@ aayushi
Heyyy! :) Thanks :)
I'll update gupshup soon :) Takecare.



@ mohit
Keep chekin'! Muwahahaha :P :D



@ solitaire
Bhai ki nazar se kuch ni chchupta! :D :D
Cute of ya to do that 'on purpose'!
:) :)



@ deepti
Will just chek it! :)



@ urv
Hunh..! Khud se toh tag hota nai
:(

Urv said...

Oyye :( next post wohi hai.. thoda kaam vaam zyaada hai isliye abhi tak post ubhra nahi..

Unknown said...

Hey there....Sorry for the late read....but I finally managed to go through....
Anyway, So, an amazing read yet again. And I must say....you and me....not 1, 2, 3 or 4....but we match at all 6 pointers. And I am sure that had you written more....those would have matched as well! :D

And yes, I also applauded for you on my blog....and so am I going to do here....so here goes:
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

Bhai with Chai said...

@ urv
Okaaaa! :)



@ gagan
Read whenever... it's ekdam okay!
Good to know someone's as quirky! :D ;o)
Thanks for the, ahem, applaud! :D :D

Urv said...

Tag is the done :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ urv
Ahaan!
I will the read now! :D

Trinaa said...

o bhai kithe gayab ho? kuch toh likho..

Bhai with Chai said...

@ trinaa
bas aaj hi! pakka! :)

Aditi Joshi said...

damn it.... i was seriously abt to write sth exactly on the same lines.... i swear...
no doubt, we share a rocking chemistry... ;) ;)

awesome one... :)

Aditi Joshi said...

i'd testify #3 n #5... lol...
for the others... she really does that... every word written over here is "true".... :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ orchid
Sahi! :) thanks!
aur haan oyei, testify karne ke liye.. ahem, shukriyaa! :D