Friday, July 25, 2008

The Haircut Story.

[ The Dhoni reference is a little outdated ]

In the list of haircuts that have made it big (ha ha) , Dhoni (Indian cricket captain) reigns on the top.
Allright. So he had his hair cropped.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now, there'll people who'll go.. "And??.. :O "

And then :-) , there'll be people ( mostly) in whose mind would flash the Dhoni avtaar , and they'll recall how it was being said that he'd got it done for some bollywood debutante (!!) and that John was present in the salon while he was getting this new cut done by Ms.Maya ...and blahblah... phew!!

[All thanks to the print media or the zillion news channels that made the topic no less than national news! - Fans were waiting while the makeover (whatever) was being carried on and what not! crap]

Anyway , neither am I interested in the man or his hairdo. Nor that of Bipasha's for that matter (bob ala posh and all that)

So, why am I writing this.. right?
Well, as this is about me wanting a new hairdo!! lol..

I remember, I was listening to some arbit FM station ( they don't even deserve a special mention.. unless maybe, MEOW..) and the RJ was yes, talking about the same - celebs and haircuts!
What she said struck me..

She had read it somewhere, a psychological research or the like, and the conclusions of which were, that people only go for a haircut in 3 conditions :
(now comes the interesting part..)
*rolll the drumm!*
  1. When they are sick , bored and down in life.. consider themselves almost a total failure and need a makeover - a desperate one at that , to make them see life in a different light altogether, and thus the solution - a haircut!!
  2. When people have just had a break-up , are in the single and just-about-ready to mingle stage. They want to project a new identity and image and yes, nothing better than a haircut for them as well!!
  3. When people develop a liking for a person ( she put it as - "love".. ugghh.. too strong ), have this someone special in their lives that they want to impress and they too take the haircut route!

hunh..as if it's like a sasta tikau raasta to " a new day has come..!" :D

Anyway, that left me feeling.. ('?').. seriously.. what??

I don't even qualify for a single option!.. and where does that leave me?? no-where!
Unless I consider myself a failure, or have had a break-up or worse , have this *special* one in my life.. I can't hope to get a different haircut done
??

And then, the devil in me.. I recall all the faces who've had new hairdo's done in the recent past.. *chuckle chuckle* - I am down to just 3 options in figuring out why they got it done.. ahan!! :D

The next time I see a "different" you in terms of hairstyle, well.. hihihahaa ;D ;D

Enough stupidity for today.. I am still lost when it comes to my hair(cut/style) story.. to get or not to get a haircut, and if yes, then what style (whatever I get it done like, it is almost always disaster, eventually!!) , but still..what do I do now??..Hell!

When I got my last haircut, I was GLAD. That was the first time in life I had a so-happy-that-I was-jumping haircut!
It was different and something that I liked. More so, for I didn't expect it to go well. A friend I can trust enough, had suggested the place and I decided to check it out. Had nothing to lose, except what was on my head :/ , so I thought, o-k-a-y.

So when after the haircut, I came back home all jumpy and chirpy, mom had some words of wisdom waiting for me, as always.

Me : Maaaa! Don't you think it's mast? *swish , flick , turn, toss * Yeaayyy! I think the man's done an awesome job! Batao yaar.. goooood hai na??

Mom : Hmm.. Achcha hai. Dekh lo tum, kaam toh eventually banda* hi aaya na.. !

*Banda/ladka = one of the male specie.. hunh..

Me :
:/
:-S
*rollin eyes*

Mom : *The winning grin n all that*

Me : (back to) .. *swish, flick, turn, toss*

:D :D

Please please pray, that my pending haircut goes.. well and that I can still swish , flick, turn and toss post it.

69 comments:

Hemanth Potluri said...

hahaahh lol....ur research on haircut's is so awesome...dhoni and john had same type of hair ...those guys saw me on tv and followed me ..heheh..kiddin...hey ur points abt y gals need hair cut is cool...i think i dont need one haircut as had no gf....heheh...


Nice research post..

Hemanth Potluri said...

pls put some points on y guys need hair cut ..so i can have one new style...

urs..hemu..

Bhai with Chai said...

@ hemanth potluri

LOL!
by the way, these points are for everyone, not specifically girls.
I wrote 'people' , when did I say girls?!

so see if any point matches and if you wish to go ahead! :D

Lucifer said...

so i shud hook up first n then breakup n get a haircut :P
btw do temme if it turns out well...u cud recm. me d chap :)

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! If mom saw me laughing seeing the computer screen again....I was soooo dead!!!! :D ;D

Anyway....The way you put things is always mast! And you know what? If you really want it to work this time....dont get the haircut done....let it grow....Look at me....I am doing fine with it! :) :P :D ;)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ mayz
no, infact, you can do that in the pre-hook up stage na, when you want to impress the special someone!
:D
and bando ka kya hai? Kahin bhi jaake karalo haircut!



@ gagan
LOL! Oyei.. did you go back and read my reply to your first comment?
and hehehehe..! You might be doing fine, but I've always wanted like.. short, short, short hair for me!.. never got them done that ways, never had the guts to, actually! :(
Maybe someday..

:) anyhow, thanks! :)

Unknown said...

I get my hair cut when they start blocking my vision.

Sameera Ansari said...

Lol!

I don't think I qualify for any of the three categories but this post does remind me that it's been a long while since I had one! :P

Keep swishing and flicking it girl!Have a nice weekend :)

Sach1 said...

:( Me too Me too!!
I don't qualify for those categories. But my reasons are:
*Bahut garmi hai chalo hair cut kara lo
*AM too busy these days..can't maintain my hairs...chalo hair cut kara lo...
*U goin' for a cut?Mera bhi pending hai..chalo hair cut kara lo
aaa..aur bhi bahut hai..bas chalo aur hair cut karwa lo...
;))

Wish u gud amount of toss n turns :) 'n swirls 'n everything...

Bhai with Chai said...

@ alok
Hehe.. ohkay! :D



@ sameera
Ahaan! New pic! Nice :)
I'll swish n flick once I muster enough courage to get it done! :D
You have a great weekend too! :)



@ sachi
Olle.. none of the reasons you penned down bother me! :P
There're just times when I stop feeling about how my hair are, and then go ahead with an experiment! :D
Thanks & Besta luck with yours as well! :)

Bhai with Chai said...

*..stop feeling 'good' about how my hair are...

Anonymous said...

okay..so finally u took my idea..good..i mean nt ditto bt kind of what u have written u took it from me..no prob:-)
well i wld like to add one more reason why ppl go for haircut esp ppl like me..when they need to go office:-)
n also whn my hairs goes curly..they r nt properly combed n i dnt like it..i dnt hv that engh confidence at that time..
i know u were crazy abt ur last haircut..calling ppl n telling them:-)
well everyone love changes bt changes shd be for gud..hainaa?

Bhai with Chai said...

@ mohit
Hello?!.. your idea? puhleez oye!
office office.. ahaan.. ;;)

Changes should be for good, yeah, but who knows what the cut is gonna be like yaar..?!

Cяystal said...

LOL!

Ekdum research kari hai toone haircuts par :P

i don't qualify for any of the three categories either =P

Nice one! :P..lol

Urv said...

Hahaha. The RJ is indeed talking crazy. All the best with the hair cut. Just hope you don't have an experience like this

Bhai with Chai said...

@ aayushi
Maine thode na, supposedly, us RJ ne kari hai! :P



@ urv
:) thanks!
Read it, I hope so too!
*fingers crossed*

Pooja said...

best of luck 4 d new hair cut...
:)

i get hair cut done wen my hair becomes too long 2 make me cease looking cool...

Trinaa said...

"I recall all the faces who've had new hairdo's done in the recent past.. *chuckle chuckle* - I am down to just 3 options in figuring out why they got it done.."

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...u'd better not cum up wid anything derogatory bhaijaan or else one huge raspberry cumin up ur way..prrrbhtzzzzzzzzzz

Bhai with Chai said...

@ cutepooja
:) thanks!



@ trinaa
Stop hurling those raspberries my way , girl! :D
I never took names, did I?
*innocence personified*

Is there any truth in those points that led to the raspberries being showered on me??
Tell tell.. ;D

Trinaa said...

none at all..m just addicted to chopping my hair every few months or so! its probably psychological ;)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ trinaa
:D :D I know about the chopping-hair quirk !
I SO want one like yours in the pic.. but don't think am gonna go THAT short this time! but someday...

:)

Trinaa said...

i'm planning to go even shorter next month.. but these dumb ppl i call my friends r threatening to poison me if i do.. pathetic world.. after all it MY hair!!

Urv said...

~bhai with chai
:))

Urv said...

~trinaa
Oyye tinni! Nahi aur short nahi!! Warna mere jaisa haal hoga. Go read the the post whose link has been given in one of the comments.

Benaam Badnaam said...

umm..does...long length count as a valid reason...

i maintain a military style cut...so u know...none of the options works for me :P

and no mistaking u for a bhai this time :)

Trinaa said...

@urv..read n commented *snort*

anusha said...

oh tht was so much fun to read!! u knw wht..dont go for a haircut! loong hair luks great on girls!!

Shikha Arya said...

hehhee...ur post reminded me of one of the blunders I had committed. I got my long hair cut short, then got dem coloured, then got dem straightened...eventually they looked brittled n burnt :-(

tab se..im tryin to get dem in thr normal state..so no haircuts for me!! Parr best of luck for urs :-)

Shikha Arya said...

heyy...uve been blogrolled!!! :-)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ trinaa
Please go ahead! I need someone for my inspiration naa! I find short hair amazingly smart :)
Don't worry about friends, once you've got it done, there's nothing they'd be able to do about it! :D



@ urv
Short hair are low maintenance and look good ya! Stop telling people (trinaa) to not go ahead..



@ mystique wanderer
length? apparently no! :D
and yep.. bhai , yet not bhai! :D



@ anusha
I knowwwww , but short hair are smart na! and once in a while, chalta hai.. :) Let's see..
thanks! :)



@ shikha
Welcome! :)

//eventually they looked brittled n burnt :-(

OMG! Coloring does that to hair.. I've seen others going through the same..
waise pic mein, they're looking fine :P

and thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

ya true..its a practical xpreience with me i nvr had the same haircut in my life..i dnt knw why it happens?
do u knw?

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prashant said...

bhai wid chai...good research on haircut.lol:D...well in my case i go for haircut mostly for reason no.1:( :) :D...
baaki ur hairstyle is mast..waise bhi i like u anyway so no big deal:)
thumbs up..:)

Express said...

Haha!

Hope all goes well, and then ur hair just stops 2 grow, so that u can *swish, flick, turn, toss* forever! :-P

I love my haircut. I don't have to do anything. Anything myu stylist does is awesome! and she is a *she* :-P

Bhai with Chai said...

@ mohit
:D No beta, I dunno :P



@ prashant
Pehle ye bata, what about your pending haircut? :D Makeoverrrrrr...

//baaki ur hairstyle is mast..waise bhi i like u anyway so no big deal:)

awwwwww.. thanks! >:D<
but haircut toh karana padega! :P
:)



@ express
:D thanks!
long live *she* ! ;)

Nidhi said...

Bhai !! Tumne fir mujhe mere past ki yaad dilayi :(

Well i had pretty nice hair with the length going below my waist... and then one fine day i lost my mind and went for a haircut (trim).. the saloon owner ( i wont forget mentioning it was d biggest saloon of jaipur ) made a "Mistake" (dats wat she called her blunder....) Instead of giving me a trim.. the first cut she made on my hair was at shoulder length... and there went my long hair :( falling down and forming a heap on d ground and all i could do was CRY :(

That was the day and till today my hair haven't grown to that length again :(

Ohh how I hate that lady.. #$@$@#$%@#%

Uaaaan Uaaaan Uaaaaaan :(((((

Reeta Skeeter said...

All the best hai...new hair cut ke liye bachey...
yeah yeah 258 :P buddhe logon ko blog karne ka haq ni hai kya?

Bhai with Chai said...

@ nidhi
oooo... ai ki hoyaaa?? Sad sad sad..!
marna tha usko ek chaped!
Don't cry, we'll go to jaipur and fight for justice! Insaaf hoke rahega! :)
below waist --> shoulder length is nothing but scary! :-S



@ reeta skeeter
258 = buddhey?? bhooooooooooooot!
:D
thanks .. I hope it goes well!:)

Vinz said...

@ Chai,

nice topic..had never thought about it..and to day i realise i had gone through the two reasons you had mentioned, if not less than couple of times..!! :)

some other reasons could be
1. just to kill time..
2. to get compliments of the new
haircut, the new style.....(maybe you can take aamir's hair cuts..)
3.to save money (yeah.i mean it..u can trim it totally so that you can save money for next few months..and then cut trim it again so that you can save the money on shampoo..)

anyways had a nice laugh..!!

Trinaa said...

thank god i have atleast on supporter.. :))

Bhai with Chai said...

@ vinz aka vinu aka vinayak
:) you're the second person to say that the RJ's reasons are actually ok!
saving money was good! :D




@ trinaa
Yep! :D

Think Tank said...

those psychos don't know a major reason for haircuuting. And I bet none of them was a girl. Its as natural as wearing a dress yaar. U do it for urself! Only you can't change your hairdo everyday. We probably would if our hair grew that fast. And considering they were 'intellectuals' , they probably don't know anything about loving yourself.

Cяystal said...

Blog to visit kar liya karo,madaaam :p

Blogrolled ya =D

Urv said...

~bhai with chai
Assi to sirf hamara bacha kucha gyaan baant rahe the :(

Bhai with Chai said...

@ think tank
Welcome! :)
and chill oyei.. :)

//We probably would if our hair grew
that fast.

I know, that's such a cool thought ya! :D




@ aayushi
I'll come ya , doncha worry! :P
thanks! :)



@ urv
:) Ek baat batao..
//bacha kucha gyaan

Gyaan baalon ke saath kam ho gya?
:P :D
Okay okay, peace!
:)

Urv said...

Tumhe aise facts public mein reveal nahi karne chaiye :D

Bhai with Chai said...

@ urv
Achcha.. post khud ki, taana mujhe!
:P

Write your next post! Go go go!
:D

Keshi said...

u hv no idea, my hair is so long now I look like a Swami Ji!

Keshi.

Lena said...

lol!
so what if you dont qualify for any of 3? i believe you can make your own classification :) :)

Urv said...

Going going :D

Btw, check our comments on Keshi's post.. Great minds think alike.. What say :)

my inner world said...

a good post :)i really laughed a lot !!!

well, i cut hair when i feel a little low and when i think that i am bored of watching the same kind of face every mornin and when i need a make over.

P.S. : i have completed your tag, have a look :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ keshi
Amazing oyei! Tie them their way and privilege us with pics ;))



@ lena
;) Yep , I surely can! :D



@ urv
Checked 'em!
High five! :D



@ my inner world
thanks! :)
your reason kinda figures there in the list! :)
I was wondering if you'd ever do the tag! :|
*Hopping on to your page to check it*

:)

peter said...

swish, flick, turn, toss !!!
mast mast !!
very funky way of writing !!
loved it !

Bhai with Chai said...

@ peter
Welcome! :)
:D thanks!

Shikha Arya said...

hhehe...took a lot of effort to mke them better :P

CandidConfessions said...

That's an interesting observation about haircut. I wouldn't go to the extent of saying those are the only reasons haircuts happen though! Gross mistake that would be! Anyways, hope your haircut day was fun, to me hair-do days are always fun! What with all the anticipation and then the realization of a new make over!

Trinaa said...

baal kat gaye kya? photo-shoto toh lagao.. :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey i updated just chek it out once..

urs..hemu..

Pranay said...

Awesome!!!!! Such a hilarious post. You have a gift.
Sadistically waiting for your post after the hair cut...:D

Anindita said...

All the besties for the new haircut! :)

My reason to have a new haircut: Because it makes me feel so darn good! The rest of the world can bloody go to hell! ;)

Cheers. ^^

Bhai with Chai said...

@ shikha
hehe.. must have! :D



@ candid confessions
Welcome! :)
I know.. they're pretty vella reasons! :D

//What with all the anticipation and then the realization of a new make over

you put that right! :)



@ trinaa
Getting no time :((
and photuu nai oyei, they're not gonna be as smart as yours!



@ hemanth potluri
Will surely do! :)



@ pranay
Thank youuuu! :)
Itni tareef :D :D lol..
and oyie, dunno about the post, post the cut.. lemme see..
:)



@ anindita
Thanks! :)

//Because it makes me feel so darn good

:) yep yep! *but if turns out welllll *

//The rest of the world can bloody go to hell! ;)

for sure! :D ;D

Lucifer said...

done with the tag :)

Nikita said...

i just add tht i had one too recently....not for ne of the three reasons but just like tht..i want my hair long....done nuthing differnt wid them in last two years in the process of growin them..i just asked the attendent to do sumthin differnt in the front, liked it only for three days....becoz they aint maintainence free, u have to have a comb alwys...n i just want my original hair style back....cant wait....btw u'r mom was right...wont generalize the statement but male species happen to be better hair cutters......

Bhai with Chai said...

@ mayz
:)



@ nikita
Yep.. I've plans for keeping them long too, they go better with Indian dresses and there're events I've gotta attend wherein I would be wearing a lot of Indian-ethnic..
:)

Nidhi said...

Bhai.. tumne coll days ki yaad dilwa di.... I am ont much on YM now... but back in coll days doddle environment was one of my favs :)

Had lotsa fun doodling with closed ones :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ nidhi
you commented on the wrong post! lol..
anyhow.. doodle is always fun! :)

Bhai with Chai said...

@ everyone
Had my haircut.. NOT as cool as last time.. but fine! :)
oh.. and I did..
swish, flick, turn and toss!
;)

Salil said...

Hi,

As they say, you are only as good as your last haircut.

But another way to look at it is that it is the head which is having the haircut that is important. You don't want to have a hundred-dollar haircut on a ten-cent head.

Oh yes, please keep swishing, flicking, turning, tossing..

Cheers,
Salil

Bhai with Chai said...

@ salil

//You don't want to have a hundred-dollar haircut on a ten-cent head.

No woman has ten-cent head, no man gets a hundred dollar haircut! :D