Monday, June 29, 2009

The foggy clarity...

So you pick up a book , read it, like it, put it aside.
Then on some strange day, something that you read and forgot, comes to life.
And it is then , that you really understand.

I was going through deep and silent water. Nothing and no-one could make me happy. Nothing and no-one could make me sad. I was tough. Which is probably the saddest thing you can say about a man.

---Shantaram

22 comments:

Neha.. said...

hmm.. unless such things come to life we really can't inderstand them..

Sach1 said...

And then it rained...

...Nothing could cheer me up the way it did!

:-)

Express said...

:)

but then its not always necessary that w/e u read has to be of relevance to ur life.

but well, as and when applicable.. and such are the instances tht make us grow :)

i never read this line in shantaram. o wait! I never read tht book, just used it as my pillow :P

HP said...

it translates to "sab moh maya hai" - short and sweet. but ho sakta hai ye bhi moh maya hai... ?

come back bhai ... vo duniya maya hai ... THIS is the real world. and its calling !

prashant said...

so true:)

Pranay said...

Oh there are so many such small gems in Shantaram..Hope you are ok...

Anurag said...

I so want to read that book bhai...Padh liya ho tujhe mujhe de diyo :P

Zubin said...

Thats why I don't read books.. :D..

how are you bhai..? :p

MuzicAngel said...

Kya raapchik gupshup hai bhai, bole toh ekdum Kadak...thoda emotional hai, elaichiwale chai jaisa, par mast hai...apun toh Superchor post par fida ho gaya, kya!


Keep up the good work....BHAI....

Pooja said...

:)

loved the post!!!

Shunty said...

sahi hai,
bhai with philosophy:)
nice :)

Pooja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lena said...

i guess the book makes sense only when it is read at the apt time point... else we lose on what the author really wanted to tell us. (i mean any book, not just this one)

VIDYA said...

please start blogging again!!!! :)

Shunty said...

'Bhai' seems to be lost somewhere???

Nidhi said...

:-) I love that book :) There are so many more in it :) And the words just touch you deep inside :)

How have you been lately bhai ?

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I regard as precise post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

ravish yadav said...

one of ma frnds once sad, "tym bura wo nahi jisme dukh hote , wo bura hota jab dukh bhi dard nahi de pate"..

Nidia said...

Usually when I find and I read a good book I share it after. I make it a gift. Is the best gift ever, from my point of view.

Sach1 said...

:( I miss you..

HP said...

Bhai! Hum ek zamane mey blogdost hua karte the...yaad aya?

Nahi?... Dhyaan kahan rehta hai aapka?

Blogpost and Facebook friend request ke intezaar mey...
HP